Monday, October 31, 2011

POM POMS from wool. Learn how to...

Pom Pom Necklace Tutorial
Happy Halloween and a happy Monday to all of you! Hope you are enjoying your day so far. Lately, I have been looking for cozy sweaters, winter scarves and of course some winter accessories. I taught myself to make pom poms and used my wool pom poms to make a necklace using a super easy tutorial. I thought I'll share my newest necklace with you.

Anyone can do this cozy and cute beauty... When I first saw this pom pom style necklaces on the web, I thought I will need expensive tools to make it but; I only needed wool, a thread, some small beads (optional) and some dish soap and water... That is really it. Total cost was less than $5 and 2 hours - including the learning and creating process.


What do you think? Did you like it?


I am in love with it and will be making another one when I purchase more colorful wool. I am thinking red or maybe I will combine various colors together. Click here for the tutorial I followed from Design Sponge blog. I also learned that you can use drying machine to make this pom poms; if you want to try. (Tutorial) I preferred making it 100% handmade to avoid any unexpected results from the dryer...I am unfortunately quite famous with shrinking clothes extra in the drying machine :-)

7 comments:

  1. Ah, needle felting! You can use this technique to make cute little animals, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I made a mini version of Bubby dog with needle felting, but I never thought about making jewelry! Thanks for sharing this. :)

    xo,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great necklace, looks like it was a lot of fun to make.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. That necklace is so cool ... well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE! The gray was a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just spotted this! So happy you were able to use my tutorial with such fabulous results. Gorgeous necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Handmade Mother Necklace Thank you for informative & really needed a post about jewelry.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...