Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Handmade Felt Jewelry Bag Tutorial

I like making things special for my customers. As the Mothers Day is approaching, I wanted to make A Cup of Sparkle jewelry even more special. I designed and handmade this cute red jewelry bags with an addition of a Handmade hand charm.  I don't have a sewing machine at home; so, I did hand-stitching. It is such a fun project... I cannot wait to get different colors of felt and make it in different colors.

Here is my short tutorial if you want to make it on your own. Once you make the first one, making more takes less than 15 minutes.


Materials: Felt, velcro tape, coordinating embroidery thread, needle. handmade charm, scissors


Step 1: Cut your felt to 6"x 4" (16 cm x11 cm) -for a rectangular jewelry bag
I used this size, because business cards fits inside the bag very nicely.

Step 2: Fold the felt lengthwise, to where there is ~1.5" is left for the top part.

Step 3: Stitch each side with hand. Keep the tension on the thread very loose for big stitch look.

Step 4: Fold the top part outwards less than 0.5" and hand stitch the folded line horizontally.

Step 5: Place a felt flower or a button in the middle of the top closure and hand stitch it securely 

Step 6: Place the velcro at the center of the top and bottom parts.
Add a bit of more cuteness with a handmade charm..

Step 7: Va laaa...  Now, open inside and enjoy your cup of sparkle...


TIP: You can use this bag as business card holder, lipstick holder, or coin purse, or.. many other ways.

13 comments:

  1. So cute! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial! Cute jewelry bag! Thanks for showing how to make it.

    www.AllThingsTangled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable. Your customers will be lucky if they get one of those with their purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable packaging, what a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea! Since I opened my shop, I've been racking my brain for a "freebie" idea to send with my orders. This is perfect for that! A customer could use it to store the jewelry they bought, of course, but like you said - there are so many additional options as well! Love it and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cassandra,

    I am so glad you liked it. I had very good feedback about my packaging since I started sending my jewelry in these felt bags.

    Good luck with your shop. Cheers

    -Melike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's what I call 'value added'! Good for you to be so thoughtful about how you package your items. I wish you many happy sales!

    Janet, FeltOnTheFly

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a very handy idea you can use this bag for a lot of things to carry with you.
    membership card

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really impressed after read this because of some quality work and informative thoughts . I just wanna say thanks for the writer and wish you all the best for coming!.
    Chandeliers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! Tote bag for girls

    ReplyDelete
  12. Handmade shoulder bag I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...